One step at a time

Creating an enjoyable journey for myself and my family.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

If I Only Had a Week


I am really enjoying my new job. There does happen to be one downside, I never seem to have time for anything else. That is a bit of an exaggeration, but that's how I feel sometimes. So after two months of working 8 AM-6 PM and 6 PM-8 PM spent with the kids, the idea of having a whole blessed week off from work really inspired me. What would I do if I had a week to do whatever I wanted? It's been AWESOME and I thought I'd share what I have chosen to do with my week.

Some of the things I've done with one week off work
-Played in the snow with my daughters
-Made a batch of treats to share
-Went out to lunch with a dear friend I don't see as much as I'd like
-Cooked several delicious meals for my family
-Fed my family frozen pizza so we would have more time together
-Went out on a date with Adam and let him pick the restaurant...turns out it's my new favorite, Tuscano in Draper.
-Got a massage
-Wrote 20 goals for 2011
-Slept in a few times
-Took a nap
-Had story time in the middle of the day
-Took a gift basket to a friend who had surgery
-Cuddled with my girls and watched Alice in Wonderland
-Emailed all the kids' grandparents to let them know I love them
-Started a blog!
-Started doing Power90X with the Shum
-Read Changing Your Course by Bob and Melinda Blanchard
-Talked with my sister
-Went grocery shopping at Costco
-Doctor's appointments
-Built a fort out of blankets
-Carriage rides with the Fam at Temple Square
-Rearranged Teryn's room to be pretty and more functional


Anyway, you get the idea. I don't think I need to mention every single thing I did to make my point, which is this: Every minute of your life is precious and YOU choose what you do with those minutes. Choose things that bring you happiness. If you have no choice and terrible things happen, YOU can choose to be happy anyway. I wish you all the happiness you can handle in 2011.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you've been enjoying your time at home! Hope the rest of your time off is just as fun.

    ReplyDelete