One step at a time

Creating an enjoyable journey for myself and my family.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bavarian Apple Torte


I own about 50 cookbooks. I've tried making just about everything under the sun. This explains why I get so excited about a good recipe...because mostly they disappoint me. What can I say? I have high expectations. I've made this recipe many times, and I LOVE it every time. It's cheap, easy to make, hard to screw up, and everyone I serve it to seems to enjoy it. So next time you have extra apple hanging around, put them to good use in this amazing dessert.

Bavarian Apple Torte

Crust
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour

Filling
12 ounces of cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Topping
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup slivered almonds
4 cups peeled and diced (or sliced) apples

whipped cream topping optional

Cream butter, sugar, vanilla...then add flour. Press crust into a greased 9-inch pie pan.

In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, the egg, and vanilla. Pour mixture over crust.

Make apple topping by combining apples, sugar, cinnamon, and almonds. Add over filling.

Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 400 degrees and bake for 25 minutes. Makes 8 servings.

So easy, so delicious. Give it a try and tell me how it goes! Bon Appetite!




No comments:

Post a Comment