One step at a time

Creating an enjoyable journey for myself and my family.

Friday, July 15, 2011

My Crane

This beautiful crane lives in a not so beautiful canal near my home in Japan. Everyday I see this bird in all it's majesty living out it's days in filthy muck.
I don't know why he stays here? There is a fabulous shore not 5 minutes from here. I get the feeling the loveliness of this creature is sometimes overlooked by others, but its rare quality is not lost on me. His surrounding make no difference to him or me...all I see is a flawless animal that brings beauty and happiness to me every day. Maybe this bird in all its splendor is somehow here just for me.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone should have their own crane to remind them their individual worth is not dependent on circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crane knows a good family when it's near one. :)

    ReplyDelete