One step at a time

Creating an enjoyable journey for myself and my family.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fans all over the world


So what with all the Harry Potter movies coming to an end this week I've been thinking about fiction. Generally speaking I'm a non-fiction kinda girl, but I make a few exceptions, namely for authors I know.

There is a series I worked on when I was the Director of Marketing at Cedar Fort called The Jimmy Fincher Saga, written by "one of my authors," James Dashner. James always had talent, there was no question about that. But now, he has a book that is hitting all the big lists. His latest book is called, The Maze Runner. I haven't read it yet but about 39,000 people have positively reviewed it on Amazon. Not too shabby. So imagine my surprise when my new American friend in Japan had a copy on her desk! She had it shipped via Amazon for free, and Amazon lets you pay when they deliver here in Japan so you don't have to pay exchange fees. Sweet.

So this is just a quick shout out to my friend James to congratulate him on being such a big deal; and also a free tip for all you muggles out there that there is still excellent fiction to be had when you're not too busy having wizard's duels and playing quidditch.

No comments:

Post a Comment