One step at a time

Creating an enjoyable journey for myself and my family.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Magic

In the city where I live there have been quite a few kiddy magic shows this summer.  I've taken the girls to some and invited their cousins too. I love magic. Sure, it's mostly hocky tricks, but it is fun. More importantly, it makes you wonder what you can really do, and question limitations.



I love to see children's authentic emotions. Joy is just that simple.



The first magician we saw was Louie Fox. He was young, funny and a little cheesey. Mia loved him so much she wanted to take a picture with him and put her signed handbill on her bedroom wall. What a fangirl. :)


The other magician performed a magical storytime for the Auburn Library. He was older, grayer, and reminded me of the scary bookstore owner in The Never Ending Story.



After attending these events, Teryn said to me one day, "Mom, I want to be a magical unicorn when I grow up." Mission Accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment