One step at a time

Creating an enjoyable journey for myself and my family.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine's Day


I LOVE Valentine's Day. This year was awesome. I threw a party for Mia and Teryn and four of their friends. We ate heart-shaped waffles for dinner along with berry punch and strawberries. We decorated cookies, colored a big poster that said "Happy Valentine's Day," watched a Strawberry Shortcake movie about friendship, danced to Justin Bieber, made heart leis and ate pink M&M's all night long.

As if that wasn't enough love for one day, Adam totally surprised me. There is a youth group in our area that was raising money for a summer camping adventure with a Valentine's Day package. Adam had the group serenade me at home, bring me a dozen white roses, deliver six hand-dipped chocolates and a hand-written note from The Shum. I detail all of this here on my blog because #1 I thought the fund-raiser idea was brilliant! #2 I think my man deserves all the praise he can get. #3 I want everyone to know that Valentine's Day doesn't have to be awful.

The first song the serenaders sang was a song that is sentimental to me. Let Me Call You Sweetheart by Bing Crosby.

The last song they sang was How Do You Know He Loves You, from the Disney movie Enchanted.

I love these songs. I think we could all use a little more love in our lives. I hope your Valentine's Day was filled with Love. I hope your every day is filled with Love.

If you want to have a good laugh about Valentine's Day and love in general, you should watch this episode of 30 ROCK.

"Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence."
Vincent Van Gogh


1 comment:

  1. I was here again (cheesy smile) Great post. I love the V-day serenade too. Although I threw in my favorite line from How do you know he loves you and ended up singing with them. hehehe anyway Happy Bloggingl.

    ReplyDelete