One step at a time

Creating an enjoyable journey for myself and my family.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Praise for Patagonia

You may not have heard, especially if your power has been down like mine, but Seattle has been experiencing Snowpocalypse for the last three days. It snowed 6 inches on Wednesday. Then the power went out as freezing rain descended upon us for nearly 48 straight hours. Trees have been falling down on cars, homes and power lines as snow and ice have weighed them down. Fortunately our family has all come out of this experienced unscathed. We've had generators, food, candles...you name it...we've been prepared.

There was one issue I was really nervous about when the snow started falling...my feet. I didn't have any boots. Our family stocked up on gear when we were preparing to go back to Japan and I bought myself a pair of Patagonia Toast and Jam Boots. I expected mild weather in Seattle and knew the rubber soles would get me through the standard rain and slush. Little did I expect weather conditions like these! The great news is that my pigskin leather and rubber sole shoes totally protected my feet during four hours of sledding. My shoes were soaked, my feet were dry and toasty. I am so thrilled with Patagonia right now I just had to give them a atta-boy on my blog. I will be a Patagonia customer for life.

Here is a link to a pair of shoes similar to mine, I couldn't find the exact ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment