One step at a time

Creating an enjoyable journey for myself and my family.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Unexpectedly Awesome Day



Today I had an unexpectedly awesome day. I was planning to get a bunch of work done; instead I got invited to go on a Harley ride with my Dad.

My Dad drives a pristine black Harley-Davidson Softtail Classic. It was his retirement present to himself. I always thought it was optimistic to buy a Harley in Seattle but today was the kind of day bikers in Seattle live for. The sky and roads were clear. The air was crisp enough to change the leaves from green to red, but not cold enough to penetrate our leathers. We had a great ride.

My Dad loves a burger joint in Issaquah called Triple X, so that's where we went. I laughed out loud as we walked up to the building and on the front door was a sign that said, "Nothing you eat or drink here will be good for you." Perfect. We had a couple of frosted mugs of Triple X brand rootbeer, fries and onion rings. It was a great snack. Great rootbeer. Great company. Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment